Project Lead - AKROS
Zambia - Sept. 11, 2017
Akros is a cutting edge organization that establishes data-driven systems that improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions. The CDC Data Systems Support program intends to Strengthen the Quality, Capacity, and Utilization of Health-related Data for Programmatic Planning and Policy Decision-making to Support the Government and PEPFAR-funded Partners in the Republic of Zambia under PEPFAR. Akros is recruiting a Project Lead to serve as the primary liaison between CDC Zambia and Akros on behalf of this grant. S/he will be expected to cast the overall vision for the program, obtain support for that vision from CDC, key implementing partners and GRZ, and be the primary architect of strategies and tactics which will enable that vision to come to fruition. The Project Lead position is contingent upon successful award of the CDC Data Systems Support program to Akros. This position will for one year, with option to extend for an additional four years subject to CDC funding extension and Akros approval.
- Providing administrative, programmatic, and managerial oversight of all aspects of the project
- Recruit, manage and maximize performance of a small team based in Lusaka, Zambia
- Ensure full contract/grant compliance, including deliverable achievement, budget adherence, workplan approvals, reporting and more
- Ensure project financial plans, cost accounting, projections and reporting all accord with CDC and Akros requirements
- Identify PEPFAR and MOH country-level coordinating bodies and working groups, align and implement workplan in tandem with these parties
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in social sciences, public health, information systems, systems/business analysis or business and management with 16 years of relative experience or a Master’s degree or PhD with 12 years of experience.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience managing operational, project management and administrative duties for U.S. Government-funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- 10 or more years demonstrated experience in health information systems project management, capacity building, organizational development, systems analysis and stakeholder engagement.
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience working with public health institutions in Zambia to strengthen HIV program capacity in monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Proven information and communication technology (ICT) team building and leadership skills.
- Excellent skills in stakeholder and partner relationship management.
- Excellent problem solving, technical, managerial, and financial analysis skills and focused on improving the quality and use of healthcare data.
- Extensive experience leading the development of continuous data quality improvement, data dissemination and use, and best practice processes.
- Strong skills in assessing data quality and developing effective strategies to improve the effective use of information for planning and policy analysis.
- Excellent understanding of the challenges and needs of frontline healthcare providers in providing primary healthcare services, meeting their own information needs, and meeting routine reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: [Position Title]” as the email’s subject line.